On June 02, 2020, Riot Games officially released its first first-person shooter (FPS) game, called Valorant. This title is a character-based tactical FPS game where two teams of five compete to eliminate each other and be crowned victorious. The game has four different maps, each with unique characteristics that differentiate them from one another. In this topic, we are going to talk about the Split map, its features and also some tips.
Map of Split - Valorant
Split is one of the four maps currently available in Valorant. It has two locations for the Spike frame, and it has three main paths, two of them on the sides and one in the middle. The Split map favors the defensive team, due to its side lanes being narrow, facilitating its defense and being able to concentrate more players in the defense of the middle part of the map, which gives more access to Bombs. The Split map doesn't have many unique features, with the exception of the ducts, which have some ropes that allow the player to change their position quickly and without making any noise. The Split map is the largest map released in Valorant so far, having fewer Bombs than the Haven map.
Below you can see an enlarged view of the Split map, as well as the name of each location on it.Read also
Warzone will add Apex Legends loot feature in…
Lost Ark's May Update will bring its first Legion…8 of
Activision Blizzard Employees Host Another…April 1th 2022
Split map tips
Below, you can see some tips that can be useful when playing on the Split map, check it out.
- It's much easier to defend in Split than to attack. When assembling your team, when choosing characters, remember to keep both roles in mind.
- On the Split map, there are only two narrow roads leading to the Bombs' location, making it easier for defenders to defend. During an attack, seek to use abilities that blind or limit the opponent's vision.
- Grenades or other area skills can do massive damage in tight passages, hallways, and small rooms.
- Defenders can quickly move from point A to point B using the ducts.
- When attacking Bomb A, beware of possible opponents hiding on the ramps.
- The best defensive characters recommended for the Split map are Sage and Cypher. As the corridors on the map are narrow, Sage can easily block one of them with her wall. While Cypher can monitor entire Bombs with a well-placed camera.
- Both bombs on the Split map have openings that the player will fall into if they cross them. Be careful, because depending on the fall, the player can take damage.
Do you want to know more about Valorant, in addition to all the currently known information about the Split map? In that case, check our dedicated page for the latest Valorant-related news.
What do you think of Valorant's Split map? Let us know, comment below.