IN ADDITION, THE ABILITY TO STORE PS5 GAMES IN EXTERNAL USB STORAGE (BUT NOT PLAY FROM THEM)
The patch notes, transcribed by VGC below, detail changes to accessibility, control center and new visual options for 1080p/120 Hz monitors and the ability to turn off HDR for non-HDR games.
As detailed by Sony yesterday, version 21.01.03.00.00 also adds the ability to store games. PlayStation 5 on external USB drives (but not play games on them), and cross-gen Share Play, which means PS5 users can allow friends on PlayStation 4 remotely play your games.
Sony will also make additions to the PlayStation smartphone app, it said, including the ability to join a multiplayer session on PlayStation 5 from the app, manage PlayStation5 console storage, compare trophy collections with friends, and sort and filter products shown in the app. PlayStation Store.
In a post on the PlayStation Blog, Sony's Hideaki Nishino suggested that more additions would be contained in the full update.
"We're just scratching the surface of the many updates and improvements we've made to the PS5, PS4 and PS App, so check them out and let us know what you think," he wrote.
Roblox code list
All Star Tower Defense codes
King Legacy code list
You can see the full list of changes below.
PS5 APRIL 2021 PATCH NOTES
- You can now store PS5 games on USB extended storage.
- You can now enjoy Share Play with players on PS4. Use Share Play to invite your friends on PS4 to watch you play or even pass the controller to them.
- We've added zoom to our accessibility features. Use the zoom to enlarge what is on the screen. Go to settings > accessibility > display > zoom to enable this feature.
- Added Mute Game Chat Audio in Control Center under Sound. If you enable this setting, your voice will not be heard and you will not hear the voice of other players in in-game chats.
- In Game Base, we've updated the following:
- You can more easily access recent parties and see your friends online. Use the R1 and L1 buttons to quickly move between tabs.
- You can now turn notifications on or off for each of the parties you participate in.
- You can now adjust the volume of other players' voice in group voice chat and also in some game chat.
- In the Profile, we updated the following:
- You will now see a Go to Media Gallery button on the Shared tab if you haven't shared anything publicly yet.
- We've separated videos and streams under the Shared tab for easier navigation.
- You can now manage all the games you follow by going to Settings > Saved data and Settings for games/applications > Manage games in a row. This allows you to unfollow games without having to navigate to individual news posts or game hubs.
- For displays that support the HDMI Device Link feature, you can now turn one-touch playback on or off and turn on the link individually. Go to Settings > System > HDMI to change these settings.
- When Enable One-Touch Play is on, turning on your PS5 will also turn on your connected display.
- When Enable Power Off Link is enabled, turning off the connected display will put the PS5 into sleep mode.
- You can now set the country or region in the parental control settings for PS5 users and guests who have not joined or have not joined the PlayStation Network.
- You can now hide games in the Game Library. If you hide a game, it will no longer be displayed on the Your Collection tab.
Other updated features:
- We've added the following features to save data management:
- When you start or resume a PS5 game, your console checks for the latest save data in the cloud storage. If you have more recently saved data to cloud storage, you can choose to sync the data.
- It's now easier to manage your save data right from the home screen. When opening a game's options menu, you will now see Load / Download Save Data and Check Save Data Sync Status.
- We now support more emojis.
- In Trophies, we have updated the following:
- You can now access screenshots and videos taken at the moment you earn a trophy.
- You can now choose which notes you want to save your trophy screenshots and videos in.
- Now, when selecting a hidden trophy, you can press the square button to quickly show the hidden information.
- You can now go directly to a game's trophy list on a trophy card by selecting Go to Trophies from the options menu.
- Once you select a ranking order for your trophies, they will remain ranked in that order for all games.
- You can now view your trophy stats by pressing the square button on the Trophies screen.
- Now, when you sort your trophies by rarity or earned date, trophy cards will show the rarity or earned date.
- If you install this update, Enable Chat Transcription in Accessibility Settings will be disabled. If you want to use the chat transcript feature, please enable this setting again.
- In the multitasking feature for cards, we've updated the following:
- Now, when you focus on the multitasking icon on a card, you'll see hints about the available multitasking modes: picture-in-picture, side-printing, or both.
- We've added a button guide to show you how to interact with a board that is currently in multitasking mode.
- When the controller is charging, you can now see the battery percentage in the control center.
- In the game or subscription hub, you will now see promotional offers that are currently available, including those for PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now and EA Play subscribers.
- When playing a game that you have hidden by selecting Hide your games from other players in your privacy settings, other players will no longer see information about the game you are playing next to your online status.
- Some PC monitors that can display 1080p/120 Hz now support 120 Hz display for gaming. If you're having trouble viewing the game at 120 Hz, go to Settings > Display & Video > Video Output and turn off Enable 120 Hz Output.
- Added the option to switch the video output to non-HDR when using a game or app that does not support HDR. To change this setting, go to Settings > Display & Video > Video Output > HDR.
- We have made system software updates to improve stability and performance.