How to Equip Your Gunslinger for Adventures in Arkesia
What is the best Lost Ark Gunslinger build? The Gunslinger is one of the best character classes in Lost Ark , coming right at the top of our tier list, and is a strong contender for the best PvE class in the game.
Gunslingers wield three weapons, and with their increased critical rates and extremely high movement speeds, they are one of the most agile classes in the game. Together, when built correctly, it's an extremely deadly combination.
On this page, we'll give you an overview of Gunslinger skills, leveling guide, and which bonus class and engravings to choose when you reach the endgame.
Lost Ark Gunslinger: Overview
At the heart of any Lost Ark build is the class identity ability: for the Gunslinger, this means your three weapons, which are set in your identity meter, where you can switch between them. Learning when and why to switch between weapons is an essential part of becoming familiar with this class:
- As double pistols are the Gunslinger's utility weapon. While wielding them, she can perform buffs and debuffs and make the most of her high movement stats.
- A shotgun is the Gunslinger's burst attack and excels at dealing close-range damage. But please note that if you choose the Time to Hunt engraving for your endgame specialization, its use is totally disallowed.
- O rifle is a powerful weapon used to deal long-range damage. The Peacemaker engraving adds a double dose of extra functions to this particular weapon.
The Gunslinger's advantages are his speed, mobility, and high damage. The disadvantages of choosing this class are its relatively low HP and defense stats.
Its controls can also take a while to get used to, though its required positioning is far from the most complicated among the Lost Ark classes, it can take a little getting used to setting up your optimal range while also keeping an eye on cooldowns and weapon rotation management.
Lost Ark Gunslinger: Skills and level
Unsurprisingly, many of the Gunslinger's normal abilities involve making the most of the mini-arsenal he keeps with him, with several options available to improve his aim.
Its top-notch movement speed also brings some improvements over time, and there's the option to supplement its already impressive loadout with the addition of skill-based grenades.
There is a limit to how much you can customize any Lost Ark character build until you reach level 50 and you gain access to endgame saves and awakening abilities (see below).
Up until that point, the path of each class will be relatively linear, although you can start by setting up a build to your liking by choosing where to focus your skill progression.
Lost Ark characters start with a decent set of skills early in the game, and new skills unlock quite often as you progress through the first 20 character levels.
Gaining XP and leveling up gives you skill points that you can spend to improve skill levels and unlock “tripods”. Tripods are skill upgrades that become available at skill levels 4, 7, and 10; applying one gives this ability a new secondary function. Each tripod has three options for you to choose from.
Roblox code list
V Rising Building Guide: How to Build a Castle in…
The Best Weapons in V Rising: A Guide to All Weapons and…
When you reach level 50, you should have accumulated around 250 points, which is enough to build a skill like the one below:
|Ability||tripod 1||tripod 2||tripod 3|
|bullet rain||Vital Point Shot: Increases Crit Rate by 20%.||Rapid Fire: Bullet Rain's duration is increased by 3 seconds and comes with a 60% damage increase.||Quick Preparation: For each enemy hit, grants 30% chance that skill cooldown will end instantly.|
|balance||Exposure of Weakness: Affected enemies receive -10% critical hit resistance from all party members for 12 seconds.||enemy attack: Balance becomes a 360 degree attack, from which enemies on Challenge difficulty or below take 100% more damage.||Vital Point Shot: Increases Crit Rate by 60%.|
|focused shot||Quick Aim: Reduce aiming time.||Flash: Every third hit stuns the affected enemy for 3 seconds.||Quick Finish: Inflict Death Confirmation after attempting to increase damage by 150%.|
|AT02 Grenade||Wide Explosion: Increases the grenade's AoE radius by 20%.||Freeze Grenade: Reduces outgoing damage by 75%, but freezes enemies in place, making subsequent attacks easier.||n / a|
|Spiral Chama||Quick Aim: Increases aim speed by 50%.||Confirmation Slayer: Critical rate increased by 60% against enemies with less than 50% HP.||n / a|
|Destroy Shot||Agile movement: Increases attack speed by 10%.||n / a||n / a|
|Spiral Tracker||Exposure of Weakness: Affected enemies receive -10% critical hit resistance from all party members for 12 seconds.||n / a||n / a|
Lost Ark Gunslinger: Engravings
When a Lost Ark character reaches level 50, you can apply engravings to him. Engravings are part of Lost Ark's endgame content and allow you to apply a variety of buffs and buffs to further customize your character's kit.
In addition to the generic skins available to all characters, each class has two “class bonus” skins unique to them. Effectively, they let you choose a subclass to specialize in.
The engravings for the Gunslinger class are Peacemaker and Time to Hunt. Both are solid choices for PvE Gunslinger builds, so it all comes down to which playstyle feels most appealing to you:
- Peacemaker Increases attack speed in Handgun Stance by up to 16%, Crit rate in Shotgun Stance by up to 25%, and deals up to 10% damage increase in Rifle Stance. Additionally, hitting enemies with less than 50% HP in Rifle Stance will stack up to an additional damage bonus of up to 30%.
- Time to Hunt Increases the critical rate for Revolver and Rifle skills by up to 30%, but does not allow the use of Shotgun Stance.
Sacrificing your shotgun for the Time to Hunt specialization might sound pretty nasty, but other than that, both class bonus engravings for the Gunslinger are pretty good, and there's no real need to build them significantly differently.
The number of engravings you can equip is variable and depends on the engraving slots available. Class-specific bonus engravings require learned engraving slots, which you unlock by reading books you accumulate over the course of your adventures in Arkesia.
Meanwhile, the two “generic” engraving types that can be equipped by all classes (damage boost and utility bonus) are equipped according to how many engraving points you have available.
Your number of engraving points is based on a combination of your character's equipped accessories (like necklaces, earrings, rings, etc.) Shuffle your gear until you max your engraving points to 35 and you will be able to equip about three engravings generics in addition to your class bonus.
The following engravings are particularly good when it comes to Gunslinger builds:
- grudge Increases damage by up to 20% when fighting monsters of Boss level or higher, while reducing damage taken from them by the same amount. Whatever class bonus you choose, Grudge is the best choice for any PvE Gunslinger build.
- cursed doll Increases attack power by up to 16%, but reduces healing received by -25% (not including natural passive health recovery).
- Keep Weapon Blunt increases Crit chance by up to 50%, but carries the risk that a regular attack will do 20% less damage than it should. (Also, please don't ask me how you intend to keep your weapons blunted.)
Lost Ark Gunslinger: Awakening Skills
Just like engravings, awakening abilities become available when a Lost Ark character reaches level 50. Again, there are two options to choose from, and unlike engravings, it's not a proposition: you can unlock both abilities of awaken if you wish, though you can only equip one at a time.
The Awakening abilities for the Gunslinger are:
- Twilight Eye: Debuffs move and attack speeds for a short time, but when activated, deals damage to enemies within the radius, as well as inflicting Stagger and Weak effects on them. All debuffs disappear when the skill expires.
- High caliber HE bullet: The Gunslinger jumps back while unleashing an AoE attack, inflicting Stagger and dealing significant damage to enemies caught in the blast radius.
As with most of Lost Ark's character choices, there are no truly bad choices, but the High-Calibre HE Bullet emerges as the Gunslinger's favorite Awakening ability, thanks to the lack of self-inflicted debuffs and the fact that it's really satisfying. This one is definitely the one to equip until you have a specific need for the Eye of Twilight.