- All CS:GO players want as much FPS as possible when playing the game as this gives them a significant gameplay advantage.
- The best way to increase your FPS in CS:GO is to properly optimize your system and game.
- Here are several methods to get the best out of your system and positively increase your FPS by a significant margin.
CS:GO players are always looking for ways to boost their FPS (frames per second) to the maximum possible limit. For that, they are more than ready to push the systems to the max.
But this approach is quite risky as it can lead to system failure and not produce positive results for a long period of time. The best way to increase performance is to optimize the game and system properly, which automatically leads to higher FPS while playing CS:GO.
This method is more beneficial in the long run, giving players a more consistent experience across all of their games.
Let's take a look at some of the reasons that can lead to an FPS drop in the first place. Next, we'll discuss ways to optimize the system and CS:GO itself. The following methods will certainly lead to an increase in FPS, but the amount by which the increment will occur depends on a number of factors, including the type of system being used by an individual.
The reason behind low FPS in CS:GO
Since its release in 2012, CS:GO has grown a lot over the years. The game as it currently stands has become more demanding, requiring more system power to function properly. This automatically leads to a drop in FPS, but this is not the only factor that results in poor system performance. Some other common reasons that affect FPS in CS:GO are,
- Constant game updates that harm the system.
- Too many background processes cluster the system, basically an unoptimized system that hasn't been configured properly.
- The processor and the graphics card, the 2 main components are misconfigured, which negatively affects the performance of the system.
Various FPS optimization methods for CS:GO
To produce a higher FPS in CS:GO, just pushing hardware components to their absolute limit is not enough. Instead, optimizing the game and system properly is more beneficial, leading to a consistent increase in FPS without putting too much strain on the system.
Graphics Card Settings: Nvidia
One of the most important things to properly optimize when it comes to CS:GO is your graphics card settings. So all gamers using an Nvidia graphics card can try these settings,
- Firstly, launch the Nvidia Control Panel by right clicking on the screen on your desktop.
- Once the Nvidia Control Panel opens, click on '3D Settings' and navigate to the 'Manage 3D Settings' option.
- Now, click on 'Program Settings' and select 'CS:GO' as your desired program from the drop-down menu.
- That's it, you will now be able to configure game-specific settings that will improve your overall CS:GO experience.
- For best results and maximum FPS boost in CS:GO, implement the settings as shown in the image below.
Nvidia CS: GO Settings – Boost FPS
Graphics Card Settings: AMD
Similar to the above, CS:GO players using an AMD graphics card can implement the following settings to improve their performance,
- Firstly, launch AMD Radeon settings by right clicking on the desktop screen.
- Find the tab called 'Games' on the dashboard and select 'Global Settings'.
- Once this setting is selected, go ahead and configure the settings as shown in the image below.
AMD CS: GO Settings – Boost FPS
CS:GO being a more processor-oriented game, it works best on a system that has a more optimized processor. To make sure your processor settings are perfect to run the game smoothly, follow the steps below,
- First open CS:GO and then 'shift + tab' to switch to desktop.
- Press 'ctrl + alt + del' to open Task Manager.
- Now click on 'more details' to further expand this list.
- Once the list has been expanded, locate the tab called 'Details' and click on it.
- Now locate 'csgo.exe' and right click on it and select 'set affinity'.
- Once the popup opens, uncheck 'CPU 0' while checking all other options and click 'OK'.
Roblox code list
V Rising Building Guide: How to Build a Castle in…
The Best Weapons in V Rising: A Guide to All Weapons and…
CS Processor: GO Settings – Boost FPS
Once this process is complete, you are ready to continue playing CS:GO. However, you need to do this every time the game is opened.
When it comes to CS:GO launch options, one-size-fits-all logic is not the right approach, as a Valve employee stated that “The best launch options are not launch options. They are the most used and most tested. ”
However, there are some common boot commands that are suitable for almost all systems. So moving forward here is the best CS:GO launch option for 2021,
-novid -tickrate 128 + fps_max 0 -nojoy
To further increase the FPS, user can try and implement the following boot option,
-tickrate 128 + fps_max 0 -novid -nojoy -fullscreen -r_emulate_gl -limitvsconst -forcenovsync -softparticlesdefaultoff + mat_queue_mode 2 + r_dynamic 0
CS: GO graphics settings
While external system-related factors will definitely help CS:GO to run better, some internal graphics settings also need to be tweaked as follows,
- After opening CS:GO, click on the 'Settings' option provided above.
- Then click on 'Video Settings' and scroll down to 'Advanced Video Options'.
- Now as shown in the image below. Go ahead and copy these settings as is.
CS: GO graphics settings
Windows registry tweaks
The following 3 tweaks must be done using the Windows registry to provide even more FPS boost for CS:GO,
- Turning off Windows Game Bar – Increase CS:GO performance.
- Disabling Windows Game & DVR Bar in Windows Registry – Increase CS:GO FPS.
- Desligando o Windows Update – Boost CS: GO Network Traffic.
Keeping the power consumption mode, especially on portable systems like a laptop aimed at 'Maximum Performance', is very important and necessary for the highest FPS. This can be achieved by following the steps mentioned below,
- First press the Windows key.
- Then type “cmd” and press Enter.
- Now copy the following command 'powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61' and right click to paste it into the Command Prompt. Then press Enter.
- Again, search for “Choose a power plan” and change it to 'Maximum Performance'.
CSGO Power Option Settings – Boost FPS
These are some of the most proven and effective methods to increase FPS by optimizing the system and game properly. Also, some healthy habits that can improve FPS even further are as follows,
- Close as many useless programs in the background as possible during the game session.
- Scan using an antivirus program frequently and keep your system clean.
- Always keeping the windows installed on the system up to date.
- Every now and then, take your system apart and clean it thoroughly, especially all vents, air intakes, and fans.