Play VR games without buying another headset
Hey Guyss, how are you? Andrew Rangel (@andrew.rangel) here! Today we're going to talk about how to Connect PSVR to a PC, more precisely about how to increase your chances of getting along, so without further ado, let's go!
What to know
- You will need your PSVR, Trinus PSVR, an HDMI cable and a USB 3.0 cable to connect it to your PC.
- Connect the USB to a USB 3.0 port on your PC and connect the HDMI cable to your GPU.
- You can use an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter if needed.
This article explains how to connect a PSVR to a PC.
Unlike PC VR headsets like the Oculus Rift or Valve Index, you can't just plug your PSVR into your PC and start playing. After following our steps below, you will be able to do this.Read also
Roblox code list
V Rising Building Guide: How to Build a Castle in…
The Best Weapons in V Rising: A Guide to All Weapons and…
How to connect PSVR to PC
To connect PSVR to PC, you will need a headset, a USB 3.0 cable and an HDMI cable. You will need to connect the headset directly to the GPU. If you don't have an open HDMI connection, you can grab an HDMI-to-DisplayPort cable or adapter and use it without any problems.
- To connect a PSVR to a PC, you will need to install at least one software. We are going to use Trinus PSVR for this article. This application includes the necessary drivers to ensure that Windows recognizes the headset. Download the app and follow the onscreen instructions.
- After installing Trinus PSVR, connect the cable HDMI at the door PS4 HDMI on the PSVR processing unit.
- Plug the other end of the HDMI cable directly into your GPU. Most GPUs support HDMI, so you probably have an HDMI port on your GPU. Plus, it's easy to switch a monitor from HDMI to DisplayPort to free up a slot if needed.
- Connect one end of the USB 3.0 cable to the processing unit.
- Connect the other end of the USB 3.0 cable to a USB 3.0 port on your computer. It doesn't have to be USB 3.0, although this will give you the best possible performance. USB 3.0 ports are usually identified by the blue color of the port, as opposed to normal black USB ports.
- Press the power button on the headset. Windows should recognize the headset as a new monitor connected to your PC.
- No start menu , go to settings > System > Fabric and make sure the headset is set to extend these screens and that your resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 .
- Once the Windows setup is complete, your PSVR headset is fully connected to your PC!
Is VR better on PC or PlayStation?
On a PS4, VR experiences weren't significantly different from their PC counterparts, but PSVR did run games at lower resolutions and at lower frame rates than traditionally found on PC with headphones made for the platform. With the release of the PS5, many VR games have been updated to support higher frame rates and resolutions than what was originally supported on the PS4.
While it's still technically possible to run PSVR games on PC better than on PlayStation itself, screen limitations will restrict how good the experience can be, unlike other PC headsets like the Rift that support bitrates. Higher frames and resolutions than PSVR. FAQ
- How do you set up a PSVR? If you are setting up your PSVR on a PS4, connect the processor unit box included with the PlayStation 4 and a power supply, then connect the TV and processor unit with an HDMI cable. Use another HDMI cable to connect the processor unit and PlayStation 4, then connect the two with a USB cable as well. Connect your PlayStation camera, sync your controllers wirelessly and start playing.
- How much does a PSVR cost? PSVR units usually cost around $400 to $500. Check Amazon for several PSVR packages that may include games. Find older versions and used models for less on sites like eBay.
- How do you watch 3D movies on a PSVR? You don't need any additional features or setup to watch 3D Blu-ray movies on a PSVR; just insert the disc and enjoy the 3D entertainment. To get the most out of your 3D movies, make sure the headset is clean and properly fitted to your head, and update your PlayStation 4 console's system software.