It's as easy as connecting any iPhone to a Bluetooth device.
Hey Guyss, how are you? Andrew Rangel (@andrew.rangel) here! Today we are going to talk about how to connect a PS5 controller to the iPhone, more precisely about how to increase your chances of getting along, so without further ado, let's go!
What to know
- Open Settings and select Bluetooth on the iPhone. hold the buttons Share e PlayStation in your control.
- When your device appears in Other Devices , tap to pair it.
- Bluetooth on iPhone must be enabled before attempting this process.
This article explains how to connect a PS5 controller, or DualSense, to an iPhone. This process works like pairing any other Bluetooth device to an iPhone and works on any iOS 14.5 compatible device outside of the iPhone.
Your iOS device will need to run iOS 14.5 or later. Check Apple's compatibility list for iOS 14 if you need to confirm that your device supports the correct version of iOS.
How to Pair a PS5 Controller with iPhone
You just need a charged iPhone, a charged PS5 controller, and a few minutes of free time to connect the two.Read also
Roblox code list
V Rising Building Guide: How to Build a Castle in…
The Best Weapons in V Rising: A Guide to All Weapons and…
It is recommended to turn off the PS5 for this process if it is close, but it is not essential. Try turning it off if you have pairing problems.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone, open Settings and navigate to the section Bluetooth .
- On your controller, hold the buttons Share e PlayStation together for at least three seconds or until you see the light bar on your controller flashing blue, indicating it has entered pairing mode.
- Back on your phone, the controller will appear in Other Devices at the bottom of the page Bluetooth . When that happens, tap on it to pair your iPhone with it.
- Wait a few seconds and your controller will have officially paired with your iPhone. It works like any other Bluetooth gamepad on iOS.
Tips for Connecting PS5 Controllers to iPhone
Before trying to connect anything, make sure your iPhone and PS5 controller are charged. Sometimes a low battery can cause device connection issues or problems with the connection itself.
The same process described above will work for any iOS device running iOS 14.5 or later, so you can pair your PS5 controller not only with your iPhone, but with iPads and many other devices as well.
If you have trouble pairing the controller with the iPhone, turn on the PS5 and connect the controller via USB to the console. It will re-pair with the PlayStation, after which you can disconnect the controller from the PS5 and try to re-pair it with your iPhone.
Once you are done using the PS5 controller on iPhone, make sure to reconnect it to the PS5, either wired or wirelessly, as it will not automatically reconnect and will instead stay connected to your phone. FAQ
- Can you connect PS5 controller to PS4? You can connect a PS4 controller to a PS5, albeit with limitations. For example, you cannot play PlayStation 5 games with a PlayStation 4 controller. However, a PS4 console will not recognize a PS5 controller.
- How do you connect a PS5 controller to a PC? You can use a PS5 controller with a PC or Mac using Bluetooth or a USB cable. When you connect the controller to the computer, it should automatically detect it. For Bluetooth, press and hold the buttons PS e Share controller until the lights start flashing to put it into pairing mode.