Connect your Nintendo Switch to the TV and play on the big screen
Hey Guyss, how are you? Andrew Rangel (Twitch follows) here! Today we are going to talk about how to connect a Nintendo Switch to a TV, more precisely about how to increase your chances of getting along, so without further ado, let's go!
What to know
- Open the back cover of the Nintendo Switch dock and connect the AC adapter and HDMI cable.
- Connect the other ends of the AC adapter to a wall outlet and the HDMI cable to the TV.
- Remove the Joy-Cons, place the Nintendo Switch in the dock and turn it on.
This article explains the steps to connect the Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch (OLED model) to the television. Nintendo Switch Lite does not support TV mode.
What you will need
Gather these items to connect your Nintendo Switch to the TV. Everything except the TV should have been included in the box when you bought the switch.Read also
Roblox code list
V Rising Building Guide: How to Build a Castle in…
The Best Weapons in V Rising: A Guide to All Weapons and…
- Nintendo Switch Game Unit with Joy-Cons
- Nintendo Switch Dock
- AC adapter
- HDMI cable
- Joy-Coy strap or wrist straps (optional)
- HDMI compatible TV
How to configure the Nintendo switch
Connect your Nintendo Switch to your TV
Once you have all of the above materials, connecting your Switch to the television only takes a minute.
- Place your Nintendo Switch dock on a stable surface near the television. Open the back cover of the dock.
- Connect the AC adapter to the port on the ac adapter , if not already, and plug it into a wall outlet.
- Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the port HDMI Out on the back of the dock and the other end into the HDMI port on the back of your TV.
- Close the back cover of the dock while routing the cables through the opening.
- Disconnect the Joy-Con controllers from the switch. Press the button on the back of a Joy-Con and slide it up to remove it. Do the same with the second Joy-Con. You can use the controllers as-is, attach the wrist straps, or place them on the Joy-Con grip. If you bought a Joy-Con Charging Grip, you can use that too.
- Place your Nintendo Switch in the dock. Make sure the screen is facing the front of the dock, where you see the Nintendo Switch logo.
- Turn on the switch and your television. Set the input on your TV to the corresponding HDMI port you used.
The Switch screen turns off when docked, but you should now see the Switch screen on your television. Then, you must be ready to play!
If you want to disconnect the Nintendo Switch from the television when you're done playing, reverse the steps above. You can then plug the dock back into the outlet, reconnect the Joy-Cons, and place the unit in the dock to charge the Nintendo Switch and its controllers.