Halo Infinite might be in full swing with the launch of its campaign, but longtime fans might see an old favorite appear in an entirely different game.
Destiny 2 , being made by Bungie, receives an assortment of weapons inspired by the previous games of the studio. One is the Forerunner, an exotic weapon reminiscent of Halo's M6 Magnum.
here is our guide Destiny 2 to help you obtain the Forerunner by completing an exotic quest called the Magnum Opus. We'll also discuss what you can do with the Strange Key.
Destiny 2 Forerunner Guide - How to Get the Exotic Weapon That Looks Like the Halo Magnum
The quest to get the Forerunner in Destiny 2 is called Magnum Opus. After you finish your first Dares of Eternity run, go ahead and visit Xur's Treasure. Talk to Xur and check the second tab of his products to see the quests. Magnum Opus is still grayed out, but all you need to do is use the Dares of Eternity Race Treasure Key to open the chest next to it.
Talk to Xur again to complete a mini-quest called To The Daring Go the Spoils. He will give you a Resplendent Reward Package and the exotic quest Forerunner's Magnum Opus. In any case, the remaining steps of the mission have already been dated by Light.gg:
- Collect 7x Strange Coins and bring them back to Starhorse.
- Strange Coins can be obtained by completing various activities such as Dares of Eternity, Vanguard Strikes, Crucible Match, Gambit match, Heroic Public Events and certain rewards.
- Starhorse has rewards that cost Strange Coins, so try to avoid accidentally picking them up. Get 7 Strange Coins first to complete this step.
- Complete 3 Starhorse bounties.
- As mentioned, they cost weird coins. Also, you need to complete objectives in a single run of Dares of Eternity. Otherwise, progress for that reward will reset.
- You can only keep one reward at a time, so you might want to do weekly to speed up the process.
- Reward completions are not retroactive. If you've already completed a Starhorse reward before making Magnum Opus, just keep that reward in your quest tab instead of handing it over.
Using the Strange Key in Destiny 2
After completing the Starhorse rewards, you will be asked to get the Strange Key from Xur. It can only be obtained when you reach Strange Favor Rank 4 (Brave), which is easy to do.
To use the Strange Key in Destiny 2 , head back to Xur's Treasure Entrance. You'll see a purple mist here that will teleport you to the Vale in Dares of Eternity.Read also
Roblox code list
V Rising Building Guide: How to Build a Castle in…
The Best Weapons in V Rising: A Guide to All Weapons and…
Make your way to the right and take a look at the frozen rocks. You should be able to interact with them if you have the Strange Key. From here, you have to go to the opposite side through a small cave (it's marked on your HUD).
In the next area, you'll climb over ledges until you reach the top. The exit will be on your left.
Then there's a small room with several ledges that can retract. Time your jumps correctly so you can reach the top once again. In the final chamber you will see a pod that can only be opened with the strange key.
This makes it an anomalous object. Go to Banshee-44 in the Tower, and he will give you the Forerunner Exotic Weapon in Destiny 2.
The Forerunner Exotic Weapon in Destiny 2 has the following perks:
- Geral – Smallbore, Flared Magwell, Smooth Grip.
- Intrinsic: Full Stop – Large sidearm with large caliber cartridges and extended range. Fires fully automatic with increased rate of fire. Deals increased precision damage to unprotected targets.
- Feature: Pace Yourself – Tapping the trigger gives less recoil to the weapon and improves accuracy.
For the most part, the Forerunner is similar to a weapon with two firing modes that don't need an active switch. You can hold the trigger, as it is a fully automatic weapon by default, or you can lightly tap the button to make your shots more accurate.