Sylas a mage champion. His abilities make this a very versatile champion, as in addition to a lot of damage, he also has crowd control, clear wave and also self-healing. Sylas has a unique mechanic, in which he can steal the ultimate ability from any of his opponents, allowing the champion to impact the game in many different ways. Typically, this champion is used in mid lane.
“Raised in one of the poorest neighborhoods in Demacia, Sylas of Dregbourne has become the symbol of the darker side of the Great City. As a child, his ability to identify magic caught the attention of important mage hunters, who later imprisoned him for turning against them. Finally free, now Sylas lives as a rigid revolutionary, using the magic of those around him to destroy the realm he served... and the band of exiled mages who follow him only grow.”
(Passive) Petricite Burst: After casting an ability, Sylas stores a charge of Petricite Burst. His basic attacks expend a charge and stir the energized currents around him, dealing bonus magic damage to enemies hit. As long as Sylas has a charge of Petricite Burst, he gains Attack Speed.
(Q) Whip Chains: Sylas whips his chains, which intersect at the target location, dealing damage and slowing enemies. After a delay, there is a burst of magical energy at the point of intersection, dealing damage.
(W) Kingslayer: Sylas charges at an enemy with magical force, dealing damage based on execution and healing himself against enemy champions.
(E) Evasion/Abduction: Sylas dashes a short distance, being able to recast the ability to hurl his chains and crawl towards the enemy hit.
(R) Usurp: Sylas steals the enemy's ultimate ability and can cast it at no cost.
Builds and Runes of Sylas
These are currently the most used runes for this champion. (Patch 10.19)
It is worth remembering that the secondary runes can be changed depending on your opponents.
Evolution of in-game skills
Below is how most players evolve their champion's skills in-game.
most used spells
The most used spells for this champion are:Read also
What is an ultralight mouse?August 17st, 2021
New League of Legends Champion Akshan Coming in Patch…
7 July 2021
Arcane wins first clip showing heroines from League of…June 12st, 2021
most used items
The items shown below are the ones most used by Sylas players. It is worth remembering that some items can be changed according to opposing champions.
- Corrupt Potion
- Hextec GLP-800
- Sorcerer's Shoes
- Zhonya's hourglass
- Liandry's Torment
- Rabadon's Death Hood
- Staff of the Void
Sylas Tips and Tricks
- The (Q) Chains-Whip skill has two actions, direct damage inflicted by the two chains and a small area blast where the chains intersect.
- The (W) Kingslayer skill deals maximum damage when the opponent has less than 40% of their health.
- The (W) Kingslayer skill heals you best when you have less than 40% of your health.
- The (E) Evasion/Abduction skill has two activations, Evasion allows you to make a small jump and gain a shield, while Abduction sends Sylas two chains in one direction. If a minion, monster, or champion is hit, Sylas leaps onto the victim and knocks them into the air.
- The (R) Usurp ability has a short cooldown, however you cannot steal the same champion's ultimates as often as a cooldown equal to twice the duration of the stolen final cooldown will apply.
- Don't forget about (Passive) Petricite Explosion. For each spell, a basic attack with your passive! The passive's damage is very high and offers very heavy sustained damage, which is what differentiates a bad player from a good one.
- Petricite Blast (Passive) skill increases attack speed when you have a charge. You can store up to 3 enhanced basic attacks.
Did you like our guide to champion Sylas? If you still have any questions, leave them in the comments below so we can help you.
Also, don't forget to check out our guides to other League of Legends champions.