Katarina is a champion assassin. Katarina is a champion known in League for her mechanic of canceling the cooldown of her abilities with her passive. Due to this mechanic, as well as her high potential for area damage and mobility, the champion is very powerful in team fights. Typically, this champion is used in the top lane.
“Decisive in her judgments and lethal in combat, Katarina is the highest caliber assassin in Noxus. The eldest daughter of the legendary General Du Couteau, Katarina is renowned for her efficient assassinations against unsuspecting enemies. Her ardent ambition led her to seek out extremely protected targets, even at the risk of putting her allies in danger; But no matter the mission, Katarina does not hesitate to perform her duty in the midst of a hurricane of serrated daggers.”
(Passive) Voracity: Katarina's cooldowns are dramatically reduced whenever a champion she's recently dealt damage dies. If she picks up a Dagger, Katarina uses it to slash all nearby enemies, dealing magic damage.
(Q) Leaping Blade: Katarina hurls a Dagger at the target. It bounces on nearby enemies before ricocheting and falling to the ground.
(W) Setup: Katarina gains Movement Speed by throwing a Dagger in the air directly above herself.
(E) Shunpo: Katarina moves towards the target, striking it if it is an enemy or striking the nearest enemy if it is not.
(R) Death Lotus: Katarina spins around herself, shooting daggers very quickly and dealing a lot of magic damage to the 3 closest enemy champions.
Builds e Runas de Katarina
These are currently the most used runes for this champion. (Patch 10.14)
It is worth remembering that the secondary runes can be changed depending on your opponents.
Evolution of in-game skills
Below is how most players evolve their champion's skills in-game.
most used spells
The most used spells for this champion are:Read also
What is an ultralight mouse?August 17st, 2021
New League of Legends Champion Akshan Coming in Patch…
7 July 2021
Arcane wins first clip showing heroines from League of…
June 12st, 2021
most used items
The items shown below are the ones most used by Katarina players. It is worth remembering that some items can be changed according to opposing champions.
- long sword
- potion of life
- Hextec Laminar Gun
- Sorcerer's Shoes
- Zhonya's hourglass
- Staff of the Void
- Rabadon's Death Hood
Katarina's Tips and Tricks
- Always use (W) Preparation before (R) Death Lotus. That way, the dagger will fall on you and the spell's damage will be added to your final damage.
- It is not necessary to use (R) Lotus of Death until the end of the cast. On the contrary, try to use your spells as soon as possible when they are reset, the explosion of the daggers is more important than the damage of (R) Death Lotus and you will be able to follow your enemies more easily.
- The (R) Death Lotus skill reduces the healing effects of your opponents.
- The (E) Shunpo skill can teleport you wherever you want around your target, use this to place your daggers more easily or to dodge your opponents' spells.
- The (E) Shunpo skill resets Katarina's basic attack.
- The (Q) Leaping Blade ability always lands the same distance from your target, opposite your position, and always takes the same amount of time to hit the ground.
- The Hextech Blade Pistol item should be used as early as possible in your combo, the slowdown will allow you to place your daggers more easily.
- Do not use your Hextech Blade Pistol item during Death Lotus (R) skill, otherwise it will be cancelled.
Did you like our guide to champion Katarina? If you still have any questions, leave them in the comments below so we can help you.
Also, don't forget to check out our guides to other League of Legends champions.