Cho'gath is a tank champion, with high damage power and crowd control. He has a unique mechanic in the game, in which he gains life as he kills his targets with his ultimate ability. In addition, also thanks to his ultimate, he is very strong in achieving neutral objectives like the dragon and the baron. Typically, this champion is used in the top lane, and can also be used in the mid lane.
“From the moment Cho'Gath emerged from the earth into the blinding sunlight of Runeterra, the beast was motivated by sheer insatiable hunger. The most perfect expression of the Void's desire to consume all life, Cho'Gath's complex biology quickly converts matter into new bodily growth, increasing his muscle mass and density or hardening his outer shell like an organic diamond. When growing does not meet the needs of this Void creature, it spews out the excess material like sharp spikes, leaving its prey spiky and ready to be devoured later.”
(Passive) Carnivore: Whenever Cho'Gath kills a unit, he regains Health and Mana. Restored values increase with Cho'Gath's level.
(Q) Rupture: Breaks the ground at a target location, knocking enemy units into the air and dealing damage and slowing.
(W) Savage Scream: Cho'Gath unleashes a terrifying roar at enemies in a cone, dealing magic damage and Silence to them for a few seconds.
(E) Vorpal Spikes: Cho'Gath's attacks hurl lethal spikes, dealing damage and slowing enemy units in front of him.
(R) Feast: Devours an enemy unit, dealing a large amount of True Damage. If the target is killed, Cho'Gath grows, gaining maximum Health.
Cho'Gath Build and Runes
These are currently the most used runes for this champion. (Patch 10.12)
It is worth remembering that the secondary runes can be changed depending on your opponents.
Evolution of in-game skills
Below is how most players evolve their champion's skills in-game.
most used spells
The most used summoner spells for this champion are:Read also
What is an ultralight mouse?August 17st, 2021
New League of Legends Champion Akshan Coming in Patch…
7 July 2021
Arcane wins first clip showing heroines from League of…June 12st, 2021
most used items
The items shown below are the ones most used by Cho'Gath players. It is worth remembering that some items can be changed according to opposing champions.
- doran shield
- potion of life
- Hextec GLP-800
- Tabi Ninja
- twin shadows
- full glory
- Armor of Thorns
- Gargolytic plate
Cho'Gath Tips and Tricks
- Start your attacks with your (W) Savage Scream ability to prevent your opponent from using one of your abilities, which would allow them to avoid escaping from (Q) Rupture.
- The thorns of (E) Vorpal Thorns increase the range of your basic attacks.
- Enabling E-Vorpal Spikes resets the delay of your basic attacks; therefore, use your (E) Vorpal Thorns skill immediately after inflicting damage to your basic attack to optimize your DPS.
- His Carnivore (Passive) ability restores Cho'Gath's health and mana when nearby units are killed. Make the most of this regeneration.
- Cho'Gath is very strong in neutral objective fights, as his (R) Feast skill deals huge true damage in these objectives.
- You can stake your ultimate skill passive (R) Feast up to 6 times on common minions. After that number, you can continue to stake this passive on champions and epic monsters.
Did you like our guide to champion Cho'Gath? If you still have any questions, leave them in the comments below so we can help you.
Also, don't forget to check out our guides to other League of Legends champions.