Caitlyn is a champion marksman, popular for having one of the longest attack ranges in the game. Due to this cause, along with her kit, Caitlyn is one of the safest marksmen in the game, being able to deal her damage from a safe distance. Typically, this champion is used in the bot lane, in the marksman role.
“Known as its best peacemaker, Caitlyn is also Piltover's best choice for ridding the city of its elusive criminal elements. She is often paired with Vi, acting as a calm counterpoint to her partner's fiery nature. Even carrying a unique hextech rifle, Caitlyn's most powerful weapon is her superior intellect, which allows her to prepare elaborate traps for any outlaw foolish enough to operate in the City of Progress.”
(Passive) Well Aimed: Every few basic attacks, or against a target caught in a trap or net, Caitlyn will fire a Well Aimed shot dealing additional damage that scales with her Critical Hit Chance. On targets trapped by traps or the net, the range of Caitlyn's Aim is doubled.
(Q) Piltover Peacemaker: Caitlyn readies her rifle for 1s to deliver a piercing shot that deals physical damage (deals less damage to subsequent targets).
(W) Mechanical Yordle Trap: Caitlyn sets a trap to find sneaky yordles. When activated, the trap reveals and immobilizes the enemy champion for 1,5s and grants Caitlyn an empowered Well in Aim.
(E) 90 Gauge Net: Caitlyn throws a heavy net to slow her target. The recoil threw Caitlyn backwards.
(R) Ace in the Sleeve: Caitlyn concentrates to deliver the perfect shot, dealing drastic damage to a single target at long range. Enemy champions can intercept the projectile and take damage for their ally.
Build and Runes by Caitlyn
These are currently the most used runes for this champion. (Patch 10.12)
It is worth remembering that the secondary runes can be changed depending on your opponents.
Evolution of in-game skills
Below is how most players evolve their champion's skills in-game.
most used spells
The most used summoner spells for this champion are:Read also
What is an ultralight mouse?August 17st, 2021
New League of Legends Champion Akshan Coming in Patch…
7 July 2021
Arcane wins first clip showing heroines from League of…June 12st, 2021
most used items
The items shown below are the ones most used by Caitlyn players. It is worth remembering that some items can be changed according to opposing champions.
- Doran's Blade
- potion of life
- switchblade rain
- Berserker Greaves
- Infinito tires
- smoking cannon
- deadly reminder
- Guardian angel
Caitlyn's Tips and Tricks
- You can combine your (E) Caliber 90 Net and (Q) Piltover Peacemaker in sequence. If you're fast enough in your execution, (Q) Piltover Peacemaker will start from your starting position, even though (E) Caliber 90 Net got you moving.
- Traps from the Yordle Mechanical Trap (W) skill can be used to zone opponents, prepare for a team fight, or during a siege.
- Targets hit by (W) Yordle Clockwork Trap always take 100% damage from (Q) Piltover's Peacemaker.
- His Ultimate (R) Ace up the Sleeve skill can be used for different purposes. To execute a fleeing target, weaken a fragile opposing target (e.g. the midlaner) before a team fight. Be aware that it provides a view of the target throughout the period the opponent is marked until hit, which can allow your teammates to attack you.
- Caitlyn's range surpasses that of all champions at the start of the game. Abuse this advantage to punish your opponent whenever you can.
- During fights, try to position yourself in a bush if possible, as her passive ability charges twice as fast when the champion is in bushes.
- Her (E) 90 Caliber Grid ability can send Caitlyn through walls. Just use it with the champion with her back to the wall.
Did you like our guide to champion Caitlyn? If you still have any questions, leave them in the comments below so we can help you.
Also, don't forget to check out our guides to other League of Legends champions.