Blitzcrank is a tank champion, primarily focused on crowd control. His kit allows the champion to move around the map and execute pickoffs with other players on his team with ease. Typically, this champion is used in the bot lane, in the support role.
“Blitzcrank is a massive, virtually indestructible automaton from Zaun, originally built to deal with toxic waste. However, he found his main purpose too restrictive and modified his own form to help the underprivileged people of the Sinkhole. Blitzcrank uses his strength and toughness to protect others without asking for anything in return, extending his metal fist or surge of energy to defeat any troublemaker.”
(Passive) Mana Barrier: When Blitzcrank's Health drops below 20% of total, he activates Mana Barrier, which creates a Mana Shield equal to 30% of Blitzcrank's mana for 10s. Mana Barrier can only occur once every 90s.
(Q) Bionic Pull: Blitzcrank fires his right hand to catch an enemy in his path, dealing damage and pulling them towards him.
(W) Turbo: Blitzcrank supercharges himself for a drastic increase in Attack and Movement Speed. It has its speed temporarily reduced after the effect ends.
(E) Fist of Power: Blitzcrank charges his fist to cause the next attack to deal double damage and knock the target into the air.
(R) Static Field: Enemies attacked by Blitzcrank are tagged and take electricity damage after 1s. He can also activate this ability to remove shields from nearby enemies, deal damage and briefly silence them.
Blitzcrank Build and Runes
These are currently the most used runes for this champion. (Patch 10.12)
It is worth remembering that the secondary runes can be changed depending on your opponents.
Evolution of in-game skills
Below is how most players evolve their champion's skills in-game.
most used spells
The most used summoner spells for this champion are:
What is an ultralight mouse?August 17st, 2021
New League of Legends Champion Akshan Coming in Patch…
7 July 2021
Arcane wins first clip showing heroines from League of…June 12st, 2021
most used items
The items shown below are the ones most used by Blitzcrank players. It is worth remembering that some items can be changed according to opposing champions.
- Steel Shoulder Guard
- potion of life
- Zeke's convergence
- Mobility Boots
- Knight's Oath
- Locket of the Iron Solari
- Gargolytic plate
Note: It's worth remembering that there are few matches in which support champions like Blitzcrank manage to finish all their items. It is also important to point out that the support item is extremely important for the champion, and its evolution should not be sold in the store.
Blitzcrank Tips and Tricks
- Vision is crucial in a game. Don't hesitate to place vision wards in the dragon's lair if you're in trouble, or in the enemy jungle if you have the upper hand over your opponents. Do not neglect this part of your support role.
- Thanks to his (Q) Bionic Tug skill, Blitzcrank has a big advantage at level 1, so don't hesitate to invade the enemy jungle early in the game to capture an enemy or try to steal the blue or red buff.
- At the start of the game, his (Q) Bionic Pull ability costs a lot of mana and has an extremely long cooldown. Don't use it incorrectly because when using it in the wind your opponents will benefit from it and it will be difficult to fight them.
- In the event of a jungle chase, and once your mobility boots have been obtained, instead of trying to directly utilize your (Q) Bionic Pull which, if your enemy has a way to escape, be it the Flash or a dash, has little chance of hitting your opponent. Try to approach him with (W) Turbo and your boots. His ability (E) Fist of Power is a targeted spell, you can't miss, unlike (Q) Bionic Tug.
Did you like our guide to the Blitzcrank champion? If you still have any questions, leave them in the comments below so we can help you.
Also, don't forget to check out our guides to other League of Legends champions.